Frequently Asked Questions


What documents do I need to hire?

You'll need your full UK driving licence, your national insurance number or code (see below) and proof of address (a recent utility bill). We can only permit hire if your licence is free from bans for 5 years and has less than 6 points on it and has no offences with codes IN, DD, DR and CD. 

Get your licence 'Check Code' to share your licence with us at:

We will use the code you supply to check your licence via:

How old do I need to be to hire?

We are only able to hire you a van if you are aged between 25 and 70.

Whats included in the hire rate?

For van rentals from our Barnet depot we include insurance, breakdown cover and unlimited mileage if hiring for over 3 days, otherwise up to 100 miles per day with excess mileage charged at 10p per mile + vat.

How much is the excess?

Standard excess is £1000 but we do offer an excess reduction option for £19 + vat. If you choose to reduce the excess it will be set to £500. 

What are the hirer's responsibilities?

You'll agree to be fully responsible for damage to tyres, wheels, lights, any overhead damage and if you use the incorrect fuel. You'll agree to inform us immediately of any accident or incident during the hire. You'll need to return the vehicle clean and tidy and with the same amount of diesel in as when you collected it. You'll agree not to smoke or allow others to smoke in the vehicle.

How do I pay?

Payment is required at the point of booking by debit or credit card. We'll pre-authorise your card for a sufficient amount to cover the excess, money will only be deducted if damage is caused or fines are incurred or if you return the vehicle with insufficient diesel.

Any other questions?